Digital marketing is also known as online marketing. Digital marketing is a term that is used to describe marketing services used to attract, bring in loyal customers and engage customers online. Digital marketing is promotion of products and services using online distribution channels or means to reach consumers in a timely and cost effective manner. Digital marketing is used in every tactic of marketing today. Electronic devices are used in the tools of the digital marketing to provide an experience that influences audience to prompt customers to take action. Marketers, in digital marketing use digital media like social media, SEO tools, keywords and email marketing to influence others. Digital marketing centers itself around the internet, which is a mean of communication between the marketers and the customers.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Level Of Playing Field– Businesses can compete with any competitor around them, regardless of size with a good marketing strategy. Traditionally, a small business would struggle to match the finesse and fittings of large competitors, whereas, he/she won’t struggle much with Digital Marketing.
- Cost Reduction– You don’t need high cost to develop online marketing strategy of your business. You can replace costly advertising channels with cheap and fast Digital Marketing.
- Simple to Measure– You can see in real time what is working for your business online and you can adapt your efforts to that change quickly to improve results.
- Real Time Results– There is no fax or form returns, so you don’t have to wait for days or weeks for a boost to your business operations. At just a touch of a button or click, you can see number of visitors, subscribers increasing gradually.
- Greater Exposure– People can see your business anytime and from anywhere in the world from your marketing campaign. You will see and notice that it is a long term return on your investment in future, once you have the key word search content in your website.
- Greater Engagement– You can most of the time encourage your prospect customers, clients and followers to take action, visit your website or blog, read about your product and services, rate it, buy and provide feedback to them that is visible to market. The publicity is easy and it usually doesn’t take long period of time this way.
Types of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing can be done through various ways. There are different ways to promote your products or services online. Ways of digital marketing are followings:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)– All the major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo displays some results where web pages, images, videos and other contents are shown on the screen. SEO increases the website’s visibility across these search engines.
- Pay Per Click (PPC)– Do you remember those sponsored ads you always see at the top of Google’s search result page that are marked with a yellow label? That is PPC. PPC is a paid search, paid ads in PPC, are placed at right or to the top of search results.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)- Social networking sites like facebook, twitter are used as a marketing tool. SMM is producing of content that users will like to share with their social network, and this way it will help a company to increase exposure and broaden reach.
- Content Marketing– Content marketing is a type of marketing technique that involves creation, distribution of high valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and acquire an audience. It involves marketing by web pages, podcasts and videos.
- Viral Marketing– Viral marketing is a type of marketing where consumers, on the internet, are encouraged to share information about a company’s goods or services with their friends, family and relatives. It also includes videos on YouTube and blogs.
- Online Advertising– Online Advertising is a type of marketing that involves advertising on other’s website. You can buy a banner space on popular websites by paying the owner of website.
- Email Marketing– Email marketing is a type of direct marketing that uses electronic mails as means of communicating commercials. Every Email sent to the potential customer can be called as Email Marketing.
- Online Marketing– Online marketing is a marketing that use World Wide Web or internet and email to make direct sales via Electronic Commerce.